Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Carnival

I am so excited! 

Today one of my earlier blog posts AND a story from my dear friend, Laurie, were featured as part of the blog carnival > Language > Place (Edition #5). It is the brain-child of Dorothee Lang, editor of Blue Print Review, but each edition is hosted by a different person. It's almost like an online-magazine, but instead of being one central entity it branches out into the web. If you click through it, you get to visit the different blogs, with additional content in it.

There is always a common theme and people submit related blog posts for possible inclusion. What's neat is that since the hosts continually change, so does the format. Every issue is a new adventure.  The current issue was hosted by Parmanu who did a wonderful job of setting up the carnival in a creative and professional format. 

If it is still unclear to you exactly what a blog carnival is, then I suggest you clink on the >Language>Place link above and check it out. My blog is featured in Room 12 and Laurie's story is listed in Room 19.

If you like what you see, why not considering joining in the fun. The next issue will be hosted by Michelle Elvy at her blog Glow Worm.The theme for edition six is "language and place on the edge". The submission period begins on April 15. For detailed information, go here. Contributions can be not only personal blog entries but also in the form of poetry, essays, photographs, travel logs, and more. 

I have sent a note to my writer's group, the Baker's Dozen, and hope the others submit. I've dubbed it a BD Invasion. Imagine if we all got accepted. That would be one wide-spread carnival--from Germany to Spain and Canada and several U.S. states. For me, it would be like stepping into a Fun House with a bunch of friends, and we'd be rockin' the house.

4 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Linda~ A Fun House at the Carnival... great analogy! Thanks for mentioning me. I'm so glad we're in it together!

~laurie

Unknown said...

What an interesting concept! I will have to explore and follow along...maybe even submit at some point.

Sylvia Ney said...

Congratulations on the carnival. I'm considering submitting for #6, but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance since I'm working on the "A to Z" Challenge this month. I hope the whole BD makes it in the next one. Good luck!

Linda H. said...

Thanks for visiting, Pam. Go ahead and submit. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sylvia, if not for #6, then #7?