Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why all the Happy Dancing?

Whenever I have a piece of work accepted by a journal (or if my friends have work accepted) I joke that I am doing my happy dance. I don't really do it, because--trust me--no one wants to see that. But I've been "dancing" quite a bit lately.

I recently learned that my poem Badak Api (which you can read at Bolts of Silk) was selected to be used in an upcoming anthology to help raise money for rhinos. The rhinos, many species of which are severely endangered, need our help. This anthology is non-profit. Proceeds of sales go to rhino conservation projects. I love animals. Love helping causes. So this is perfect. I'll let you know when it is available.

Last week I received notice that a "shorty" of mine will be featured in twenty20 journal, and yesterday a short poem of mine was featured in Four and Twenty. To read it, click here. The really neat thing is that several others from an online writer's group I am in (Marie Elena Good, De Jackson, Dr. Pearl Ketover, Claudette Young) as well as a FB friend (Kathy Nguyen) are also in this edition. So, how cool is that?

And yesterday evening I got a reply from Microw regarding my submission for their upcoming "home" edition. I had sent one poem and several pictures for consideration. They are publishing my poem and using four of my graphics.

Here is one of the pictures they didn't take. This is a typical German window in my area at this time of year. Isn't it pretty?


(For more of my photos, go to my other blog at Linda's Life on the Other Side.)

So despite the headache, chills, and drowsiness I am dealing with today, figurately I am feeling great.I hope you are all feeling great, too. (figurately and literally)

Go out and enjoy the day.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big congrats Linda! Beautiful pic too! : )

Rebecca said...

congrats that's wonderful

Unknown said...

Congrats all around, Linda! This photo is wonderful! Happy, happy day!