Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Window #2 - Mesa Verde/City Scale/with Broken Eggs

It's time for the second weekend window where I invite you to take a peek at visual or written art I found online. (Sorry I am a bit late but for my American readers it is still Sunday). This weekend I have three links for you.

The first is very short poem consisting of only 18 words. I am not sure if this is a short form of some kind. It's has too many lines for a haiku. It's definintely not a tanka. Syllable count doesn't work for a shadorma. So I guess it is just a very short poem. It is written by Connie Peters and titled Mesa Verde. What do I like about this piece? Well, I've been to Mesa Verde on several occasions and already pictured it in my head when I read the title. However, those 18 words changed what I was thinking. The image painted in my mind is similar but with a different angle/slant. I love when a writer does that. CLICK HERE to read it.

The second piece is a photograph by Dorothee Lang. Two things I've always been drawn to in pictures are shadows and reflections. This one seemed perfect for Weekend Window because it shows a city reflection from London in the windows of a modern building. The post is titled City Scale. Check it out on her once upon each day blog HERE.

The last thing I want to share with you is the poem broken eggs which was published in the Rattle Young Poets Anthology and featured on the Rattle website recently. It was written by Danelle Antelo. I guess I was drawn to it because I remember having a similar experience as a child. I also think it is super cool that teenagers are still writing poetry and writing about subjects that matter. To read broken eggs CLICK HERE.

And remember, if you also enjoy any of the artworks I've linked to, feel free to let them know. Post a comment. I'm sure it will make them happy.

That's it for today.I'm off to bed and tomorrow starts a new week. I hope it is a good one for you (and me).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post, Linda! I love reading the poems.