Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Photos and Poems

I am taking part in the 100 Days of Summer Project. It started on July 5. For 100 days participants are posting something artistic on their blogs each day. Some are creating their own music, poetry, or paintings. Many, like myself, are posting photos. I usually post a tiny description with mine. If you'd like to follow my posts, click HERE to go to my other blog. (And thanks, Becca, for already noticing and posting comments. You're so sweet.)

I seem to be taking part in lots of projects/challenges this year. In April I took part in PAD (a challenge to write a poem a day for poetry month). I've been doing that for a few years now. Through that challenge, I've met lots of nice people and some of us have a private group on Facebook. One of the members, De Jackson, came up with the idea of doing SAD for May (submission a day). Though some decided to do SAW (sub a week) instead. It was fun to share information on literary journals and e-zines, and we all cheered each other on when an acceptance was received.

My poem Badak Api was published in the online literary journal Bolts of Silk. If you'd like to read it (and maybe leave a comment) then click HERE.  I have a few other works that will be up soon or in print journals. I will post links when they are available.

I know many of you are busy vacationing, so thanks to any who reads this post. Unfortunately, my area of Germany has two more weeks of school yet. My daughter can't wait.

Enjoy your summer!

No comments: